Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Adventures with Daddy

On Friday, Tiny and I took a Southwest flight into Chicago to stay with Daddy at Great Lakes Naval Base for five days.  Our little family had an awesome time!


The weather was frigid, but we stayed warm in our "love nest"... or as most other people call it, a hotel room.


Getting to the hotel room on Friday was a bit of a fiasco, though.  Dana had to sit in traffic for an eternity to get to the airport, and once he got there, we were both so hungry that we decided to stop at the closest Subway on our drive back.  After we ate, we drove an hour back towards the base when suddenly we realized that his military I.D. was missing... so then we had to venture the entire way back to the Subway (which was literally like 2 minutes away from Midway airport) to search the ground for it.  Thank God, one of the workers found it and picked it up cause it would have been a disaster had he not!  So my flight landed at around 2 p.m. and I think we checked in around 10 p.m.??  Crazy.







We played house in our mini kitchenette after stocking it with the necessities... You know.  Bread, Peanut butter, Honey Nut Cheerios (Tiny's favorite), Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream.  ;)






 
Baby Tiny,


In case you couldn't understand what Daddy was saying to you through the layers of belly fat, peanut butter, and heavy sweaters, I'll give you a brief summary.  He was telling you just how much he loves you and misses you when he's not around.  He apologized for not being able to always be there for every kick and squirm that you entertain me with.  He thinks you are absolutely adorable, even in my belly, and he can't wait to meet you and see you smile.... and neither can I!  Oh, and he said to be good to your mama.  :)  He really, really loves us, little one. 


We were so, so, so sad to leave each other today, but it's comforting to know that life won't always be like this.  No matter what obstacle we have thrown our way, nothing could ever separate us or tear apart our bond.  I'm in one heck of an awesome marriage and have one amazing, little family! 







So I'm in my last week of the second trimester.  Scary stuff!!  This pregnancy has flown by!!  Right now, I'm trying to plan (or at least gather up ideas) for my baby shower.  I'd like to have it next month sometime before Dana gets his orders.  I'm starting to really feel, well, pregnant now!  My belly skin constantly feels tight and as if it's stretching too far, my belly button is still trying to disappear... and I realize that my constant pushing it back in place and fighting the outie isn't going to work much longer.  My hips are stretching, my back is sore, my ankles swell up... Yeah.  Pregnant.  I can't imagine what the next few months will bring!  Still, I'm enjoying this so very much!  


Every kick and flip brings a very happy smile to this mama's face.  89 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment