Tuesday, December 7, 2010

25 weeks

 So, today I am 25 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  I hadn't done any portraits in a while, and since I hit yet another growth spurt I decided to record my progress.  Here they are!
I  also had a doctor's visit today, and it went really well!  I saw Dr. Christine LaBella this time, and she was awesome!  I really, really liked her a lot.  I was weighed, as usual, and it turns out I only gained a pound and a quarter since last appointment.  I was told I would be gaining about a pound a week from this point on, so that threw me for a loop (especially since it's the season of sweets and large dinners), but when I asked if that was healthy, they told me "absolutely."  So the grand total of weight gain so far since the beginning is....drumroll, please.... ..... 15 pounds.  Fifteen.  I expected it to be more, but I won't complain.


Check back after my next appointment on January 7th, and see if I'm singing another tune.  I bet I will be!  ;)
Anyways, the results of my blood work came back, and everything looks great.  Not that I was worried that I had AIDS, hepatitis, etc.  I'm so grateful that I'm so healthy and baby is healthy, too.  They keep telling me that they're not worried about the lack of kidney in Tiny.  I'm not worried, either.  I can feel that sweet baby constantly kicking and squirming around in there, and I really truly know that it will be watched over and taken care of for its entire life.


 When Dr. LaBella was checking out baby's heartbeat, it was doing funny things in there.  Every time she'd put the Doppler on my belly, we'd hear the heart beating for a few seconds, and then it would be gone.  Then she'd move to the other side of my belly, and we'd hear it again... then it would disappear.  So she'd move back to the other side, and there baby would be.  We were laughing at how stubborn it was being.  Tiny just kept "swimming" back and forth... It was as though it was playing a game.  I've never known a fetus with such a personality.  ;)  It's done this before with the ultrasound technician, too.  I think it's really funny.
The measurement of my uterus is right on target.  It was 25 cm, and I'm 25 weeks, so baby is growing at a perfect rate.  I'm so glad.  For a while, I thought I was getting too big!  I can literally feel my skin stretching and expanding, and it's bizarre.  I've never NOT had a belly button before.  It's not totally gone, but close enough!  Growing babies is a strange thing.  Fun, enjoyable, enlightening, rewarding... the list can go on and on, but it's certainly strange.
So about my portraits-


My normal teeshirts are slowly starting to get too small.  I think in another month, they will be totally unwearable.  I figured I'd get another portrait in with one of my favorite bright blue ones before I totally have to put it into the "post-baby box."


As for my winter sweaters, I've always bought them longer and stretchy, so we're still good to go!  I'm glad because sweaters aren't the cheapest form of clothing, and I'm trying to buy as little as possible now that I'm not working.  That, and I just love my old winter clothes too much to put them away until they fit again!  :)


My Evgeni Malkin Penguins jersey is about to bust at the seams with my belly stretching it, so I had to get a photo in that before it's too late.
And finally, one of my favorite dresses still fits me (again, barely!!) so I had to put that on just for fun.  I wouldn't be wearing it during this season anyways.  Regardless, I was curious to try it on while I was having fun with my photo shoot, and was surprised to see that I could zip it up!


Anyways, I hope you like them.  And by "you" I mean the 3 people that I think read my blog... that is, if there even are 3!!  haha.  ;)




104 days to go!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Marybeth! I'm so happy for you and wish the best! :)
    Trista Zollars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! You are such a wonderful person and I wish you only the best during this special time : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe you have the same group of doctors that were mine through pregnancies with Bobby and Lauren!!! :)

    ReplyDelete