Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby's First Sonogram!



We've been waiting so long for this appointment to come, and the day is finally here!!!!!!


Meet Baby Hancher... the unknown gender child.  We decided to not find out if we're having a boy or girl!  Sometimes a surprise is nice, and I think it's safe to say that I'll greatly enjoy a big surprise like that after the whole painful labor situation I'll be in.  :)


The appointment was really fun, actually.  Besides having my bladder so full that I'm fairly certain I needed to be wearing Depends and an ultrasound tech that pushed so incredibly hard on my lower abdomen that I was 98% sure I was going to pee all over the table, everything was great.  However, since no accidents happened, I can say that things ran smoothly.  The baby's heart rate was 148 bpm, and it looked very healthy.  It's kind of funny watching the 4 chambers of the heart move so quickly.  Apparently baby weighs 9 ounces, although I wonder how on earth they determine that!  Baby stretched around a good bit after a heck of a lot of prodding, but it seems to like being curled up in my belly during mid morning hours.  Maybe I should have scheduled an afternoon appointment.  I know for a fact it  likes to start exercising then!  I can sometimes feel it kicking around and flipping from one side to the next.  This is a fairly new feeling, so it always takes me by surprise and makes me giggle.  Anyways, 10 fingers, 10 toes, eyes, ears, mouth, and nose.  It's a cute little bugger.


Just seeing it bounce around in there was the most beautiful and entertaining thing in the world!  I wanted to share the video with everyone, so enjoy!


152 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment